Covid 19 Resources
We understand that this has become a very challenging time for all of us. This page will be used to post Covid-19 information and resources useful to our Union and our workers. Please take care of yourselves and your families.
Most Recent Vaccination Information
The State of California is currently vaccinating
or more information and to sign up for a vaccine, visit myturn.ca.gov site or call (833) 422-4255, or contact your healthcare provider. You can also sign up for local info and alerts HERE.
As we all eagerly await our turn to be vaccinated, please continue practicing social distancing, wear your mask, and be safe!
Covid Work Safety
As the COVID-19 pandemic ravages the country, working people are looking for ways to join together to form a union in our workplaces and negotiate for strong health and safety protections. Today, the AFL-CIO is launching a new web tool to raise awareness of what a safe workplace should look like and how a union can help achieve these goals.
The Am I Safe At Work website contains fundamental information to empower workers to identify key COVID-19 risks in our workplaces, provides tools to join together with co-workers for better safety protections, and guides workers on how to contact a union to help negotiate with an employer for safer working conditions. Will you take a look?
This pandemic has particularly affected women and people of color. From nurses who take care of the sick to teachers and meat processing and transit workers, every day working people are risking our lives. A key goal of the web tool is to provide information that can save lives.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the AFL-CIO has been at the forefront of fighting for safer workplaces across our country. Once again the labor movement is stepping up, sharing key tools and resources to help working people come together and demand change during the pandemic. This website is a critical tool that empowers workers to fight for COVID-19 safety protections and prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
– Employers HIring During Covid
– Apply Here For Covered California
– Current Climate for All Workers in America by Ken Rigmaiden, IUPAT General President
– Unemployement Insurance
– Office of Labor Standards Enforcement
– Labor & Workforce Development Agency
– Office of Governor Gavin Newsom
– Legal Aid At Work
– UFCW Grocery Employement Opportunities
– Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development
– Healthcare / Covered California
– COVID-19 Testing
– Emergency Childcare Centers
– Department of Public Health
– SF72 For official updates about the coronavirus text COVID19SF to 888-777
– San Francisco local COVID-19 resources
Your local Labor Council website may be able to direct you to available resources during this pandemic:
– Alameda County Central Labor Council (510) 632-4242
– San Francisco Central Labor Council (415) 440-4809
– San Mateo Central Labor Council (650) 572-8848
– South Bay Labor Council (408) 606-2060